Friday, May 30, 2008

Sketch Something Challenge

Well, it's Friday!! Yay! Another week almost over and the weekend to look forward to. And a new challenge over on STAMP SOMETHING! This week we have our first guest designer, Katharina, of Katharina's Creative Place. She's a super talented crafter who was kind enough to help us out with something new this week, a sketch challenge!

To the right is the sketch Katharina made for the challenge. It was a tough one for me, lots of layers and circles! Yikes! I rarely ever use circles, so this was challenging to say the least. But hey, that's the point of a challenge, right, pushing ourselves to try new things!

Once I had a plan, things came together. I chose to use a Simply Scrappin' Kit from Stampin' Up!. It already had die cut circles which really helped me. Plus I love the printed papers in this kit.

I started with a 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" card in Chocolate Chip. I used some Rose Red and Soft Sky cardstock along with the printed paper from the Rose Cottage SSK. I broke out my Coluzzle to make the circles and added the die cuts on top. I finished with wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and some pearls from the Pretties Kit. The sentiment is from Wonderful Words.

Hop on over to STAMP SOMETHING and check out the fabulous work by our design team members and our guest designer Katharina! I hope you'll find the time to sketch something with us this week! Have a great weekend! :)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Very pretty card! Hoping to have some time this week to play. I'm trying to get in scrappin' mode however...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Denise I have always loved these papers and they are just perfect on your card. Your fab design is striking and elegant!

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful card Denise! i love this kit of SU and you did wonderful with the sketch! Thank you for your kind words about me, I had great funas your guest designer! Thanks so much for the chance!

Emily said...

Denise, this is beautiful! The colors are so rich. I love it! I can't believe you did this with a SS kit. I really need to get some of those =).

Becky Carafa said...

I love that kit! And it looks so gorgeous here, wonderful card!

Jo said...

This is absolutely stunning Denise and you did a fabulous job with those circles...the paper is beautiful :)

Erin... said...

love this card!! it is so elegant and the papers on all the accents look fantastic together. way to go with the circles. beautiful colors too. those ssk are great!

Unknown said...

beautiful card i just love the colours

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love everything about this card, Denise!...the layout, patterns, colors, embellies, skill, all great!

Heather Huggins said...

Wow really pretty!! Great colors.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, fab colours

Sue said...

Denise, this is fabulous, I love the colours you have chosen, it all comes together perfectly;-)

sue
xx

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love what you did to this sketch!! You really nailed it on this one!! :) TFS!!

Alex said...

this is absolutely stunning Denise - I just love everything about this!! Totally wonderful!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex