Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Sunday!!

I can't believe another weekend is almost over. Hope it was good for everyone.

This is a card I made for a swap, hosted by Alex of California Stampin'. Check out her blog, she's a super talented stamper and scrapper, plus she's too sweet!

The card is pretty simple, but I tried to use lots of different colors and embellishments. I always seem to go with the brighter colors when I use this stamp set. I just love that froggie!

The papers are wasabi, bashful blue, pumpkin, white, and summer days prints. I used my corner rounder to make the scalloped edge on the blue paper. Then I added wide grosgrain red ribbon to cover the seam between the printed paper and the blue. The embellishments are a felt flower and silver brad, some crystal effects to make a shiny frog, and a paper pierced edge. The sentiment is from All Holidays.

Thanks for looking, enjoy what's left of the weekend. Come back tomorrow when I'll be announcing some big news!! Happy Stamping!! :)

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, that frog is so cute and great colours, I like the paper pierced edge

Lauren said...

You are so right - that frog is cute and with this card you made him super cute! The stripes and color combination are awesome!

Diane said...

Too cute Denise! Love the bright colors you used! And you are so right,Alex is a wonderful stamper and scrapper and oh so sweet!!

Jo said...

Great fresh, bright card Denise...it's fabulous!

Becky Carafa said...

Love the striped paper and simple layout!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I hope we are in the same swap group so I get one of these - so cute! :)