Thursday, January 31, 2008

Altered Clipboard

Here's my stamping project for today! I wasn't really feeling the card making so I decided to alter a clipboard. Now actually I can give it to my mom for her birthday. I plan to add a photo of my kids, if I can get them to sit nicely together for more than three seconds!

To make these clipboards you will need...
A clipboard, designer or stamped paper, ribbons, embellishments, stamps, and glue. I use Sobo craft glue, it's easy to use and dries clear. My clipboard is one of the 9x9 from Stampin Up!. These clipboards come in three sizes and are very simple to alter. They make great gifts to showcase favorite photos!

Well, now I'm off to find some inspiration! Happy Stamping! :)

Recipe: Stamps: Schoolbook Serif Alphabet, Wonderful Favorites Paper: Soft Sky and Blue Bayou DSP Ink: Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Accessories: Sobo glue, crystal effects, circle punch, flower punch, dew drops, pretties kit, ribbon, rhinestone brads

12 comments:

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Denise.....so elegant. I'm sure your Mum will love it.

Teresa said...

I love your clipboard, great job!

Jo said...

Me again! I've sent you an award...see my blog for details!

Cassie said...

So pretty! I have been wanting to do one of these. How do you get paper around the clip part?

RaeAnne said...

AMAZING!!

very very cute!!

i love your work

Erin... said...

great clipboard! are those dew drops???? :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

To answer a couple questions...
Cassie, I cut around the clip and then glue down. Then I "hide" the edges near the clip where the paper doesn't cut. Hence those flowers! :) Hope that helps.

Erin, those are dew drops! Totally my new favorite thing! Love them! :)

Lynn said...

Love this! You used two of my favorite colors and my very favorite patterned paper from the designer prints.

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic. Love it.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

Kathy W said...

Great project and colors.

Maren said...

So fabulous!!!

Andrea, said...

Fab clipboard, beautiful papers and love the little flowers