Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SCS Color Challenge 150

Here's my card for today's SCS color combination challenge. The challenge was to use Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Real Red as the main colors for your project. I chose to make a z-fold card so that I could combine this challenge with my tutorial for this week!
To make a z-fold card you need to cut your cardstock to 4 1/4" X 11" and then score on 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". Then cut your main image papers to fit over half of the front flap, this way it over laps onto the bottom of the card. Only adhere about half of your main image to the card base. When you open the card all the way, your front image will lay flat and still be visible.
Here is the recipe for making this card...
Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Real Red, and White
Ink: Bayou and Close to Cocoa, the image is colored with watercolor pencils and an aqua painter
Accessories: Photo corners punch, eyelets, ribbon

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

very cute image, and great job on the challenge. love the color combo

Cassie said...

Awesome as ALWAYS!! I found your addy today on my desk - it was not on a yellow post it like I thought - so be watching your mail!

Annie said...

Interesting colour combo - but it works really well with the elephant stamp!

Andrea, said...

Fab Z card, great colour combo and a really cute stamp

Jo said...

Fantastic card, as always!

Lynn said...

I've never tried a Z card...very cool! thanks for sharing the directions.