Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge - week 4

This weekend my husband made me a storage rack for all my punches. It's so much more convenient to have them on a rack in the open instead of in my toolbox. And because I don't need to dig through everything to find what I want, I've actually been using them more and more.

So my challenge for this week is to use punches to add paper accents to your cards. I love the added visual a small piece of paper can make.


For my card, I was inspired by a color combination I saw on Beate's Blog. I love this color combo, but had I not seen them used, I don't think I would have put them together. Beate has fantastic ideas!


The colors here are Black, Sky, Pumpkin, and White with Bali Breeze DSP. The card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I was actually able to make this card using only scrap pieces of paper. I used the Embrace Life stamp set, my new favorite! The punched paper accents are photo corners, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, and the ticket corner punch. I finished this card with silver brads, a rhinestone brad, some paper piercing, and double stitched Sky ribbon.

Now it's your turn, go ahead and punch away!

10 comments:

Teresa said...

I would like to see how you did your punches I am always trying to find mine in a drawer too. Love the card

Maren said...

Love that combo too! Very pretty card!

Erin... said...

great card!! i love punches! and i love being able to find them even more!

Erin... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin... said...

http://scrapstampandbemerry.blogspot.com/2008/01/punch-challenge.html here's a link to my super easy punch card

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!

Katie Skiff said...

Great card...it's beautiful!!

And I am a punchaholic...mostly circles tho. Great challenge

Sandy said...

Wow very elegant. Simply lovely.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

April Hall said...

What a beautiful card! Hope you have a great weekend!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, fantastic colours. I love how you store your punches, great idea.