Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge - Week 3

Happy New Year! Sorry that I haven't been posting lately, but with the holidays things have been a bit crazy.
For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the new Spring/Summer Collection catalog. The catalog is beautiful and filled with lots of new products and great sample ideas. If you would like to purchase a copy, please contact me.

I completed this card using only scrap pieces of cardstock and a few pieces of my new Ginger Blossom DSP. I also used the new stamp set Celebrate Everything. The color combo is Groovy Guava, Regal Rose, and River Rock. I chose them based on the colors from the Ginger Blossom DSP. I'm not totally sure that I like the look, but this challenge is about trying something new!
My card base is Regal Rose. I layered on Groovy Guava and then River Rock. I cut the Ginger Blossom DSP with my 1 3/8 square punch to make the perfect squares. I adhered those in a quilt type pattern and then stamped Celebrate at the bottom. I attached some Rose Ribbon (retired color I think) and last, I added a piece of chipboard colored with a Regal Rose marker and crystal effects and glitter.
Now it's your turn! Stamp something whimsical and fun!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! Great idea for your inspiration!! :)

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, I love the mix of papers you have used

Just me said...

This is really cute. I love the patchwork look.

Deborah said...

Beautiful card! Great look! Deb

Katie Skiff said...

That is a great idea Denise!! I love it!!

Jacqueline said...

This is very beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Fantastic card, Denise! I love the bright look and the layout you chose.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Very Pretty!! I love the new DP & I can't wait to get mine! I love all of the fun new stuff in the catty! Love your color combo too!!
Happy New Year!
Smiles!
Heidi

Dawn♥ said...

OH soo very pretty! Love the combo of papers! :)

Maren said...

What a fabulous card! Thanks for sharing!

Erin... said...

great card Denise!! All that pretty paper looks great together!!

Sandy said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Really nice.

Hugs
Sister Sandy

Lynn said...

Just beautiful! Love these papers...your layout really shows them off!

Heather said...

I love the card! Great use of scraps!

April Hall said...

Love this paper! I can't wait to order mine! Your card is wonderful!

Teresa said...

wow Nice card!

Annie said...

great card and use of the papers and beautiful colours too. Thanks for your kind words on my blog - I've just about stopped shaking with the excitement!