Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weekly Tutorial - Card Accents

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is fully recovered from the holiday season and getting back to normal routines! I'm happy to report that I'm back and ready to start stamping and posting again!

This week I thought instead of the typical tutorial, I would show you how to jazz up your cards by adding embellishments and paper accents. We can all make a simple card, but we can also turn these simple cards into much, much more. So what do you say, let's kick it up a notch!
















As you can see, the cards on the left are pretty basic, but with a few accents added, they become whole new cards! For these cards, I chose the colors from the new style watch section of the Spring/Summer Collection. The cards on top are the BoHo West color combos and the cards on the bottom are Eastern Eclectic color combos. Both sets of cards are made using the new Embrace Life stamp set.

For the card on the upper right, I added paper piercing to the main image, brads and ribbon for some embellishments, and some paper accents for color. For the card on the lower right, I added faux stitching with the All in a Row stamp set, paper piercing to the main image, dry embossing to the bottom of the card, paper accents for color, and finally brads for added embellishments. Now it's you turn, kick those cards up a notch!

















9 comments:

Just me said...

This is great! I love how you showed the two version of the cards. It really helps see the difference. I also love how even the embellished cards still look clean and uncluttered. You really have a good eye.

Katie Skiff said...

That is an awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Andrea, said...

Fab tutorial, TFS

Maren said...

What pretty cards!! Very fresh & clean with fabulous color choices!

My Paper World said...

I really enjoyed seeing the different versions! Thanks for sharing!

StampNScrapJunkie said...

What a great idea and thanks for sharing!

Erin... said...

Love all of these! I think I'll be caseing one oat my workshop Friday, which one hmmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! Great tutorial!! ;)

Teresa said...

Love the color combo's on your cards. Very nice!