Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Be Mine

Hello All,

Hope you're having a good week so far. We got a LOT of rain yesterday so it was a nice day to stay inside and stamp! Which I was actually able to do! I've been so busy lately that I've been neglecting my crafty goodies! It was nice to get inky, even if it was only for a short time.

Yesterday, we posted a new challenge on our Whimsy SNR group to use hearts and a Whimsy image on your creation. So I started with that challenge and then added a couple more.

This is my card using the new stamp Ready, Set, Duck! by Crissy Armstrong now available at Whimsy Stamps. I think she's super cute and makes a perfect "be my valentine card" because well, if you say no, she might throw that snowball at you! LOL!

I've used some DCWV papers with a valentine theme. There are hearts and lots of pink on these papers. I also used some Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, and Rose Red card stock from SU!. This sketch is from Sketch and Stash and my neglected stash would be this fab ruffly ribbon. I've embellished with sticky pearls, flowers, and a metal heart. I also added white gel pen faux stitching and some stickles to the snowballs.

This card also fits the challenges at:
One Stop Craft: Love and Kisses
Pile It On!: Warm Wishes

Thanks for coming on by today. There is still time to enter the Whimsy Snowball Fight blog hop candy! Lots of great eye candy to see along the way too! Be sure to join in our Whimsy hearts challenge too! Happy stamping!

22 comments:

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous card Denise! I just love these new images!! x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Darling card, Denise! Such a cute image and I love all the pinks and blues! I see she has a nice pile of sparkly snowballs all ready to throw - LOL!! Great to see you joining in the fun at Pile it On this week!

gina g said...

Wow this is gorgeous i love the image and the papers are just so beautiful. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Renkata said...

What a cute stamp and ofcourse very nice done card.
Love the colours . Her cute smile make me smile :))))
Great job

Dianne said...

This card is totally awesome! The image is so cute with the DP. Love all the embellishments.

raindropecho said...

Aww Denise this is so sweet! I just love this little girlie...she has all types of looks doesn't she? From sweet to mischievous, lol

Alex said...

ADORABLE card Denise, love the colors and the new images are too too cute! Hope you are doing well! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea M said...

What a lovely card! The colors are so warm and pretty. The little girl is gorgeous - she looks likes she wants to throw that snowball :) Love the layers and embellishments! Great job and thanks for joining us over at pile it on!

Lorraine said...

This card is really amazing hope she doesn't throw that snowball

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Denise-Lynn,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Denise, This is just adorable. Thank you for playing with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs Suzi x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Hi Denise. LOVE this card. Janice looks fantastic in those pastel shades!
Beautiful papers and embellishments too.
Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

I love your card. The colors are amazing. The image is to cute to be true...she is so sweet. The glitter on the smowballs make them seem so real.
Your coloring is as always worldclass.

Deb said...

gorgeous card, so love the pretty colours, Janice is so adorable, I love this image! love the sparkly snow too! hugs debx

Audrey said...

Oh This card is so adorable! I just love that new image! Your coloring is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Diane said...

What a beauty!!! Great colors and of course your coloring is spectacular!!! Those new images are a must!!!!

Chrissie said...

Cute card Denise.
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC.
Chrissie

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh I just love your idea with framing Janice in the circle and having the pile of snowballs to the side. What a great way to use this stamp!

Judy said...

Your card is adorable. I love the color scheme, the pearls and flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

Fabulous card. Gorgeous image and papers.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Denise, I love those neglected papers so pretty thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours!

Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Hugs Tanja
(PIO DT)