Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pink Birthday

Hi All!

Happy Tuesday to you! Hope you've had a great day. I've actually been cooking all afternoon and then decided to make a card too, so it's been a nice day.

This card is for no special reason, other than the joy of stamping! And it does fit some challenges too.

I went shopping with my oldest and dearest friend and stamping buddy Janna on Sunday and we got lots of great stuff! I got these pretty DCWV papers called Sweet. They are all glittery and pink and covered in fun! I love them. I've matched them with some SU! card stock in different shades of pink. The image is Francesca from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and she's been colored with Copics on my new Neenah Solar White card stock, which I have to say is awesome!

I've embellished this card with 3 flowers, some metal hardware, 3 buttons, ribbon and a sentiment from SU!'s set short and sweet. This card also fits the challenges at:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: heavy metal
A Spoon Full of Sugar: 3 papers, 3 flowers, 3 buttons, and one ribbon
Cupcake Craft: Going Girly
The Pink Elephant: Birthday Card

I'm off to eat dinner. Hope you have a great night! Happy stamping! :)

18 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH this is freakin' awesome, Denise!! I LOVE Francesca in all those pinks and the metal embellishments and flowers are just perfect!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!!

Crystal said...

AWW Denise this is sooooo wonderful, I LOVE the pink and the embellies....She looks DARLING!!! AWESOME CARD and those flowers...WOWZA

Alex said...

This is FABULOUS Denise - I love how fun this card is and love the bling paper! Sounds like you had a great time shopping! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deb said...

beautiful card Denise, so love that pink and the glitz! Sweet sentiment too! hugs Debx

Cheryl said...

Denise very very cute! Love the bling

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise Lynn,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

maddy hill said...

cute card Denise ! love the pinks and distressed edge !
ive done no crafting for days - been in a little room with my daughter with a tiny heater ! our boiler packed up !

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is so sweet!! She looks so pretty in pink!! :) Love the bling you've added to this!! HUGS

raindropecho said...

Now THAT'S definitely a girly card :P Love that paper! What a super sweet creation!

Dianne said...

Denise, this is a fabulous card. Look at all the details and bling. Absolutely perfect in pink.

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so awesome! I love the glittery pink papers! The layout and the embellishments are just perfect!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Denise! You've coloured Francesca in sooooo beautifully! I just love the pretty papers, colours, flowers and your "heavy Metal" accents are ROCKIN'!
Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
Hugs,t and The Krafty Girls

Marley said...

Wow lovely card! great colours and the image looks great! I've became a follower! think your work is great .. big hugs marley

Anonymous said...

oh this card is fab.
I love pink and red together. I am using pink for the next challenge at Stamp Something to.
love all the details and the image is so cute and the colring is fantastic (worldclass).

Debbie said...

This is just beautiful Denise,Love the colours on this one,Thanks for playing along with us this week,Hugs Debbie x

Shelly said...

Hi Denise! Great image choice! Love the pink too, so cute and girly! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Jana M. said...

This is a gorgeous card, Denise!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I LOVE this, all in pink and shiny and sparkly! Such a girlie girl card, which is like me 100% and then some. Love the metal swirls too and the cool button/ribbon combo!