Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fluttering

Good Morning,

I have a busy day of cleaning and organizing, but I wanted to share a card before I get to any of that. My hubby is painting my craftroom/office for me and then I will get in there and reorganize. I just might have some blog candy soon...depending on what I find while cleaning! LOL! So stay tuned for that later this week!

This card is one I made for DT work with Layers of Color. I actually created it some time ago, but this is the first chance I've had to share it. This card uses the stamp set Flutterescent, which was released this past Autumn and an older set Nature Walk.

I went for a monochromatic blue and cream color palette with a vintage feel. I created my own decorative papers using the stamps to create the backgrounds. I also used two Stampin' Up! background stamps over the Layers of Color images. I've embellished with brads, ribbon, and a flower. I wanted to keep the focus on the images, so I keep this card clean and simple.

Thanks for dropping by today! Hope you have a super Saturday. See you back here tomorrow for our Whimsy Stamps new release blog hop! Happy Stamping! :)

11 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

beautiful use of blue! I love the look of a mono color palette. It is so restful.

Juls said...

just beautiful!

Samantha said...

Hello my old dear cyber friend. Love this card- good luck with the cleaning and organizing today- Happy 2010

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty Denise!! Love hte blue colors!! ;)

Crystal said...

WOW Denise I love how you stamped your bg!!! The butterfly and colors are GORGEOUS!! Beautiful flower and ribbon!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Denise lynn,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Hannah said...

Wow fab card I love the image you have used it is gorgeous. The papers you have put with it all are lovely and the colours are cool.
Big hugs hannahxx

Stampin Mindy said...

This is beautiful, love these colors and the layers. So elegant!

maddy hill said...

Beautiful card Denise ! The background stamping is fab !

Davi said...

Very pretty. Monochromatic cards always have such and elegance!!

image masking service said...

Love this beautiful butterfly card. Super duper card. Keep blogging. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
image masking services