Friday, January 1, 2010

New Somethings

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday season, I can't quite believe it's all over. This time of year seems to go by in a blink! I hope everyone has a fantastic 2010 with great happiness and lots of crafty goodness!

Today we have a new challenge over at Stamp Something and in honor of the new year, we want to see you use some new goodies. The challenge is "New Somethings" and you can create anything you wish as long as you use something new in your creation. Our sponsor this week is KLM Digital Stamps and we have 6 new design team members starting with us today too!

For my card, I've used this sweet Valentine's Bear available at KLM Digi Stamps. I've colored him with Copics, one is a new color I got for Christmas, R81 Rose Pink. I also used some new papers on this card. One of my papers was stamped with a new image, a little sneak peek at one of the new releases on January 3rd, from Whimsy Stamps. The sketch is from the challenge at The Pink Elephant. I've embellished with faux stitching and white gel pen dots, dew drops, ribbon, and Prima flowers. The sentiment is from SU!'s Short and Sweet set.

Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you have a great weekend. Be sure to stop back on Sunday for the Whimsy Stamps new release blog hop! You won't want to miss out on the eye candy from the DT or some chances to win prizes! Plus, the new stamps, designed by Crissy Armstrong, are gorgeous! You can see a sneak peek now over on the Whimsy home page! Hope to see you Sunday!

Happy Stamping! :)

12 comments:

Lynn said...

So cute Denise! Love the papers and of course the adorable bear! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise!! Happy New Year to you!! :) You've colored this little bear so beautifully hun!! I really adore that yummy ribbon with the "ruffles" on the edges!! So fun!!

DeeDee said...

Hello Denise!
Happy new year!!! Your card is so beautiful. I love the papers and colors.

Hugs,
Diana

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise Lynn,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers and colours.

I wish you a very happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love this sweet card! The coloring is fab and that ribbon is fun...I got the red plaid one :) Super cute!

Crystal said...

AWWW Denise what a cute teddy!!! I just LOVE pink and brown perfect for a Valentine!!!! I really like how you did his cheeks!!! Have a great night!

Deb said...

gorgeous card Denise, how lucky getting those new crafty bits, such a sweet image and love the new Whimsy swirls! I will be using them lots! Happy New Year! hugs Debxx

Diane said...

Such an adorable card!!!
Happy New Year to you!!!

Annie said...

Fantastic card Denise. Love it.
Thank you for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Ann xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Very sweet card!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Sheri

Davi said...

A very sweet image colored so well. Really pretty dps to go with it!!

Erin... said...

so pretty Denise!!! Love those papers with that yummy ribbon! Fun handmade DSP too!