Friday, January 15, 2010

A Color Combo and A Thank You

Good Morning and happy Friday!

Hope that everyone had a nice week and that you're looking forward to the weekend. We don't have anything planned this weekend, so I hope to get some time in the craft room!


Today I have my usual two card Friday post. The first is for this week's Stamp Something challenge. We have a color combo challenge for you this week...make something using Blue and White! Pretty easy right. Our sponsor this week is actually Whimsy Stamps and we are offering a $15 gift certificate to one lucky participant in the challenge.

I've used this sweet Very Present Helpers stamp from the Crissy Armstrong Collection at Whimsy Stamps. It's such a sweet image and I think it's perfect for birthday cards. I've colored with Copics and then used Stickles to glitter up the ribbon. My papers are My Minds Eye and paired with Blue Bayou CS from Stampin' Up!. I've used the ICS#49 sketch. I embellished with Prima flowers, roses, glitter, sticky pearls and a cake charm. The sentiment is a rub-on that I found in my stash. Sorry that the picture isn't the greatest, the lighting has been bad lately with all these gloomy winter days!


Next I have my Just Magnolia challenge card to share. This week our challenge is to make a Thank You card or other Thank You themed project using a Magnolia image. Our sponsor at Just Magnolia is also Whimsy Stamps with another $15 gift certificate. So two chances to win some Whimsy goodies this week!

I've used this adorable Tilda with a Tag and hand wrote the thanks sentiment, can you tell. LOL! She's been colored in pinks with Copics and highlighted with a gel pen. I went for a distressed look and used the sketch from Papertake Weekly for my layout. I used some BasicGrey Sultry papers with brown, pink, and rose red card stock. I've embellished with Prima flowers and pearl brads and some doodles. This card also fits the thank you challenge at Lili of the Valley.

Thanks for dropping on by today. I hope you'll pop on over to Stamp Something and Just Magnolia to see what my fellow DT members created this week and if you have some time, why not join us for the challenges too! Have a great weekend, happy stamping! :)

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my word Denise both of these are absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE the added sparkle on the first card...and such wonderful colors!!! I might just have to play a long blue and white LOVE IT!!!! Your Tilda card is darling too LOVE the color combo, layout, and the faux stitching!!! Great cards Enjoy your weekend!

Tracy said...

I love the delicate colours and layout of you kitty card. two fab cards.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Denise, I just ADORE your Whimsy creation!! You did such a fabulous job with the color combo!! Stunning details too!! ;)

And your mag creations are always so brilliant to look at!! This is just darling hun!! Beautiful coloring!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

I love the card you have made for this weeks challenge at Stamp Something. The kitty´s are so sweet, and I just adore glitter. Your coloring is wonderful.

I love your other card to. My favorite color is purple.

Erin... said...

2 gorgeous cards Denise!!!! I love the SS one, that bow is so shiny and pretty!!! And you JM card has such wonderful colors!! love them both.

CraftyC said...

Both beautiful cards Denise, those cats are so cute. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV challenge
Clairex

Mina said...

these are just gorgeous Denise, I love the soft colours of the first one and so cute...your Tilda beautiful, love the papers on this
Mina xxx

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Both gorgeous! Love the colors on the Magnolia card...and you're writing is perfect on the tag! Love the glitter on the package with the "helpers" card. :)

cats whiskers said...

Oh Denise these are two stunning cards dear I just adore those little kitties and what gorgeous colors you have used on both
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Diane said...

They are both super nice Denise!!! Love the stitching you did,looks great!!!

Lea L. said...

So cute! Loving all the glitter on the first one!! Great job with the sketch!

♥Lea

tiggertastic said...

amazing cards ,i love the image in the first card, very very sweet and can be used for Christmas too.
the Magnolia is amazing, i just love these basic grey papers and the layout is fantastic.

hope you are having a good weekend.

Sarah x

marley said...

pretty cards! thanks for joining us at ics!

raindropecho said...

These are wonderful!! Wow, is the Whimsy stamp card for a birthday card?!? What a great idea!!!

Lorraine A said...

oh my goodness ,,,, these are just fantastic Denise :-) I love these images and the papers and embellies are perfect ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Denise. Love the images you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautilicious. Great colours and designs too.
Hugs
Desire

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Denise! I am taking a break today and doing some blog hopping for a change. I wanted to come here first to see what you've been up to. And I am not disappointed! I love what you did with Very Present Helpers and the soft colors you used on it. The glitter looks great and the soft colours on the background papers go well with the colors on the image. I love your flowers and the little swirls coming out of them. The charm is the perfect finishing touch too. Just awesome!
The Magnolia card is superb too with great attention to detail. I love the little doodles along the outer edges and the distressing you put on all the panels. Gorgeous cards as usual Denise!

Create With Joy said...

Hi Denise,

All of your cards are beautiful, but I just had to tell you how much I LOVE those adorable kittens! Come visit me at Create With Joy and you will see why! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com