Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Layers of Bold Color

Hi All!

Sadly, I have retired as a Layers of Color Designer. It was time for me to "pass the torch" on to someone new. I want to take a moment to thank Laura for allowing me the opportunity to design with her and the other talented gals for the last year and a half. I've loved my time with you Laura and I wish all you the very best in the future! Sending big hugs your way!

As this will be my last official DT post for Layers of Color, I wanted to share two cards that I created using a few of their newest stamp sets. Both of these cards are bold and fun and perfect for a feeling of warmth, which I think we all could use during these cold winter months!

This card uses the stamp sets Butterfly Collector and Flowering Gems. Both images where colored with Copics and then popped up to give some dimension to the card. The papers are BasicGrey and I've embellished with ribbon and sticky gems.

This next card is somewhat unique in that the background was created with shaving cream and reinkers. To do this, you need to put shaving cream on a paper plate, add on a few random drops of ink here and there in a few coordinating colors and then swirl the ink into the shaving cream with a popsicle stick or something similar. Then you place your paper down on the shaving cream mixture and press. Lift up and wipe the excess cream off and allow to dry. What you are left with is an almost tie-died effect for a design.

Once the background piece on this card was dry, I stamped on some flowers from the set Nature Walk and then some butterflies from the set Flutterescent. The sentiment was designed by my friend Ann and has been framed with circle Nestabilities. And the popped up butterfly was colored with Copics and glued on. I've embellished with Prima flowers, buttons, ribbon, hemp twine and a butterfly charm.

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you have a great day! Happy Stamping! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Denise, these are so beautiful girl!! I love the pretty bright colors you've used and the beautiful accents you've added!! I have enjoyed checking out your work with these images!! HUGS

Crystal said...

Oh my word Denise love the bold colors!!!! WOW Beautiful card!

Debbie said...

2 Gorgous cards Denise Love the bright colours,Hugs Debbie x

Stampin Mindy said...

Ohh What beautiful papers, I love the butterfly! Hugs!

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful colours, just love! Lovely makes. Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,

I love what you have created! The BOLD colors and beautiful butterflies. Just great!

His,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Wauw I love both cards.
I love all the wonderful colors, and it´s fantastic that you have used the butterflies to popped up and give some dimension to both cards. I just love it.

Kakan o Lassie said...

Love your colors! and the floating butterfly on top, so nice.

Kakan o Lassie said...

Wonderful colors! And so nice with the floating butterflies on top of it all.

Diane said...

They are both gorgeous Denise@!!
Those colors are awesome!!!

raindropecho said...

lol, I haven't seen this sentiment in a long time. I have to remember to give away those things as freebies