Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some Challenge Fun

Hello All and Happy Thursday!

I can't believe it's almost Friday already, this week is just flying on by! Hope it's been a good one for you.

I've had a bunch of things to do lately and not much time for crafting but I made a point to sneak some time in this morning between loads of laundry and work. I also wanted to join in some challenges, so this card was for that purpose too!

I started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday and paired that with some fun Lemonade papers from BasicGrey. I used a new to me Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp that my good friend and stamping buddy Erin gave me for Christmas. I just love these little mischievous girls! They are so fun! This is Drucilla!

I colored the image with Copics and paper pieced her dress and doll. Then I used an oval Nestabilities set to frame her. It was a little tricky to cut her out, but it worked. I also went a little crazy with some glimmer mist and glittered up with image. I embellished with flowers, a button, sticky gems and pearls, ribbon and some white gel pen doodles.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge: Paper Piecing
Cute Card Thursday: All New (use new stash)
One Stop Craft: Begins with B - (blue and button)

Thanks for dropping by today. I'll see you all tomorrow with new projects for Stamp Something and Just Magnolia! Have a great afternoon. Happy Stamping! :)

8 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! I love this stamp! Beautiful papers, the colors are so happy and bright!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Denise - too cute and so bright and cheery!!!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hope you're keeping well. Hugs Michele x

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love how you have used the ribbon!! and all that sparkle! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

I have to LOL!! Everyone might've thought we got together and used the same image today!! :) I love it and I really love the way you've used her here!! The papers are gorgeous and love that sparkle hun!! AND...we are BOTH doing laundry!! YUK!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH she absolutely precious, Denise! Love the colours, the ribbon and of course, the paper piecing! Great job and thanks for playing along with us this week!

Deb said...

she is so cute Denise,can't wait to find some crafty time to use mine! fabulous card! hugs Debx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fantastic card Denise. The image is so cool and it looks fabulous paper pieced! That ruffled ribbon is gorgeous too. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx