Friday, January 22, 2010

A Sketch by Jay Jay

Good Morning!

Happy Friday to you! Hope you had a nice week! I've been very busy...we have some exciting things coming this weekend at Whimsy Stamps, so I've been getting ready. Be sure to stop by on Sunday at noon EST for our new release blog hop! And Crissy has been working on a very special project which I hope to have more information about on Saturday!


Today I have only one card to share for the new Just Magnolia challenge...I was a slacker and didn't get my Stamp Something card finished in time. Shame on me! The challenge this week at Stamp Something is Funny Somethings, so be sure to stop by the challenge site and join in!

For the challenge at Just Magnolia our very own talented Jay Jay has created a beautiful sketch, one that is very easy to use and will work with lots of different Magnolia images too!

I used this sweet summer image of Tilda picking a peach. I got her for Christmas this year from my friend Janna and I love her! She is a larger image and worked perfectly with Jay Jay's sketch. I've used some BasicGrey Origins papers and olive and chocolate card stock. The papers have been distressed and torn a bit. The image was colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen. I embellished with roses, buttons, and some ribbon.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Cute Daisy May: Flowers and Ribbon
Stamptacular Sunday: Friendship
Scrap, Stamp, and Doodle: Girly
Creative Inspirations: Distressing

Be sure to stop by Just Magnolia and Stamp Something this week and join in our challenges and to check out the Design Team samples, they are all gorgeous! Have a great Friday, happy stamping!

12 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous card Denise!! I love the colours and papers, you're bow is so perfect looking - very gorgeous and your flowers and colouring are stunning! hugs, Janexx

Deb said...

gorgeous card Denise, fabulous image and colours and I so love your distressing! hugs Debx

Marina said...

Your card is very beautiful!
Love the papers and design, details are fantastic.

Hugs,
Marina

Diane said...

Oh Denise,she is lovely!!! Love your coloring and beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty Denise!! I just adore this image and all of those gorgeous flowers!! ;) Have a wonderful weekend!! HUGS

Stampin Mindy said...

Denise, this is so cute! I love your image and coloring. The distressing looks great. Beautiful card!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Tilda is just so cute Denise and I love your colouring, The flowers, papers and ribbon are gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Mina said...

I love this stunning card Denise...beautiful colours and you coloured Tilda to perfection too
Mina xxx

Tracy said...

Hi Denise Lyn
Gorgeous image snd luv al the embellies!
Thanks for joining in this week over at creative inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Marcea said...

This is so pretty, isn't Tilda just so cute - love it!!! Fab flowers too hun
-x-

Unknown said...

This is delightful, just a great image, such great colours too, many thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

pinky said...

Such a gorgeous combination of colours you have used, love your distressing and the lovely tilda image. Thanks for sharing with us at CDM this week.
Pinky