Friday, August 28, 2009

Animals and Ribbons and Bows

Happy Friday!

Hope you've had a great week. Things were super busy here all week. It was our last full week of summer vacation before the kids go back to school and so we tried to sneak in every bit of fun we could! Now we are heading to NY to visit family and looking forward to a fun weekend. Hope you have some great things planned too!

Just Magnolia

Today I have both my DT cards for Stamp Something and Just Magnolia to share with you. First, is my Just Magnolia card with this week's challenge of ribbons and bows. We want to see you use both ribbons and bows on your creations and of course a Magnolia image.

I went for a vintage feel with this card. I love this sweet image, perfect for a lazy summer day. She's been colored with Copics and highlighted with both a gel pen and a Spica glitter pen. I found the sketch for this one at Sketch Saturday and paired it with some SU! cardstock in mellow moss and always artichoke along with some K&Company papers. This card has distressed edges, lace border punched edges, and has been embellished with gingham ribbon and bows, lace ribbon and brads, and some Prima flowers and roses.

Stamp Something

Next I have my card for the challenge at Stamp Something, which this week is Animal Somethings. Share a creation using your favorite animal image or images and you just might be chosen as a Stamp Something Top 5 or win our blog candy prize! Head on over to SS and check out the candy and all the design team creations using some cute Digital Delights images!

The design team was lucky enough to receive some images to use for our cards this week. I chose this sweet little lamb and colored her with Copics and then gave her a woolly coat with some liquid applique! What fun stuff!

The sketch is from this week's Lili of the Valley challenge, but I did change up the circle area on the sketch to a rectangle to fit my image. I used SU! white, baja breeze, and kiwi kiss cardstock with BasicGrey Urban Prairie papers. The embellishments are some felt flowers and pearls, buttons, and a piece of wide grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great day! I'll be back on Sunday with a card for the first Paper Maniac blog hop! Hope you'll join me! Happy stamping! :)

13 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful cards! Love the "fluffy" sheep! Love them both! Happy Friday! Lisa

Deb said...

both fantastic cards Denise, so love the vintage effect of the first one and the lamb is very sweet!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend, sounds like a busy one!
hugs Debx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Denise, your card is just AMAZING!!! I love your mag card!! Every detail is amazing!!

Your SS card is too dang cute!! He looks so cute with all that fun "fur"!! TEE!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend hun!! HUGS

Stacey said...

Such gorgeous cards Denise! Your colouring of Tilda is just fantastic and I just love your wooly sheep! ~x~

Lisa H. said...

oh, my this screams cuteness!!! great liquid applique details-perfect!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise Lynn,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina said...

two stunning cards Denise, your JM card is so beautiful, I love this Tilda too
Mina xxx

miky said...

...non so l'inglese ma ti faccio tanti complimenti per i bellissimi lavori. Brava !!!
Ciao Miky

miky said...

Hello many compliments for your wonderful work.
I follow your blog.
Miky

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Denise. Love the images you'v used and the colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

cats whiskers said...

2 little stunners here dear, just love the colour shemes, and that liquid applique on the sheep fabulous
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Marcea said...

Oh Denise, wow ... these cards are just amazing. Your JM is truly beautiful and Ilove all the gorgeous details you have added.
I love your fun SS card too and the texture you have achieved is brilliant.
And if that isn't enough I am really glad you managed to join us on LOTV too :o)
xxx

darcy48 said...

Two stunning cards love them both the colours you have used are lovely Arlinex