Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pile It On with the Doodle Palace

Happy Sunday All!

Hope you are having a great weekend. This is just a quick post to share my Pile It On DT card for the challenge this week. This week along with piling on the challenges we want to see you use 3 of something. The theme is "Good Things Come in Threes" so get those thinking caps on and be creative with your threes!

I went with a masculine theme and used this super cute dragon from the Doodle Palace. Doodle Palace is the sponsor for the PIO challenge this week. They have some super cute digital images! I colored this one with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen and gold Spica glitter pen. I have a couple areas where the ink smudged. I'm still struggling with heat setting the ink on my digis! I don't know what it is with my ink, but it just won't dry completely or something! URG!

For my good things in 3's, I did three layers on this card using the sketch from Fresh Batch. Each layer has 3 layers of paper and have been popped up with foam tape. I also used three buttons which fits the B is for Button challenge at ABC Challenge. The sentiment is also 3 layers of paper. The sentiment itself is a sneak peek at a new Whimsy Sentiment Set to be release next month! It's a birthday sentiment to fit the Stamp Something challenge of birthday somethings. And lastly, this is a pretty cute dragon eating a pretty sweet cake so this image fits Cupcake Craft's challenge of sweet things.

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to head over to Pile It On and join in our with our good things in threes fun! Happy stamping! :)

20 comments:

Jolanda said...

Hahahaha...what a funny card..... again.
Great colouring and the papers are fabulous with it.
TOP...
JolandaXXX

Unknown said...

WOW well done on "piling it on" Denise with this fabby and bright card. Lol Lynn ♥

JazzyH said...

Adorable!

Francesca said...

Love this card . such a cute image

Hugs
Francesca

ellen s. said...

that is sooo cute!

Riet said...

Wowww Denise-Lynn,what beautiful,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina said...

fabulous card Denise, I love this dragon he makes me smile, stunning colours
Mina xxx

Alex said...

This is too adorable Denise, I love that cutie!!! You have been up to some fabulous eye candy over here - I am sooooo glad to be blogging regularly again, I have missed ya!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

cats whiskers said...

Morning Denise, this is fabulous as are all the other creations you have posted since I went AWOL had a great time looking at them all.
Hugs Jacqui x

Rina said...

this is one adorable card Denise. I need to start creating masculine cards. Thanks Denise for sharing.

Erin... said...

This is such a fun card Denise!! Love the colors and all the yummy papers!!!! Adorable little dino too!!! Super image for the CCC challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Hi Denise. This is a gorgeous 3-some creation. I really can't see any smudges and your image is just beautifully perfect.
Hugs
Desire

csroyal said...

This card just makes you smile!! Really cute!

Jane said...

What a fun card!
Wow, that's alot of layers, girl!

Mrs B said...

What a cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!!!
CindyB

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card Denise, I LOVE your fun design and precious image! Great layout using our sketch!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! I love this image!! What a cutie!! Love the bright fun colors and the theme is perfect!! HUGS

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love this guy! I love the layout, the colors and the coloring! Amazing!

Bev said...

Playing catch-up here lol. Another truly brilliant card Denise, love the fun image, great layout too x

Anonymous said...

denise,
I totally adore that card!!!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles adn PIO! Remember that this week's sketch and PIO challenge are up!

-- dalis