Saturday, August 8, 2009

Layers of Color Saturdays

Happy Saturday!

I don't typically post on Saturdays, but I'm going to start sharing Layers of Color creations every Saturday. I design with these stamps and mail my projects to Layers of Color and then sometimes forget to actually share what I've made. I'm hoping a weekly post we keep me on my toes and help me to remember to share!

These two cards I have today both have dry embossed layers that were created using my Cuttlebug and embossing folders. This first one uses the Swirls folder and the color combo of black, white, and purple. I embellished with this fun music note ribbon to match the music notes in the sentiment.

This second card uses the embossing folder Paisley and the colors of Groovy Guava and Regal Rose. Both of these cards use the same stamp set, Birdday Party available at the Layers of Colors online boutique. I embellished this card with a pretty striped ribbon, eyelets, dew drops, and glitter glue.

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your day. I'll be back tomorrow with a new Pile It On! challenge card. Happy stamping! :)

7 comments:

Juls said...

love the sparkly cupackes with the birds sat on top!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Denise.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards Denise! Such sweet images and I love the music note ribbon and pretty embossing. Chris x

suzARTe said...

these cards are really lovely. Love the colours and designs. the black background looks fantastic on the first card

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both gorgeous cards, Denise!! Love the colors, images, and designs. I love the "tweet" bird image on the first and the color and texture on the second!

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful creations Denise!! Love that fun birdie image! HUGS

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I always love your cards, Denise! What an honor to have a Saturday post! Great idea! Thanks!
{{HUGS}}