Monday, August 24, 2009

Whimsy Sparkle

Hi All!

Wow, what a busy day I've had, hope you're day was nice. I got the chance to do some shopping with a friend, without the kids! And because I was out having fun, I'm late with my posting and everything else if I'm being honest. LOL!

My card today is for this week's Whimsy Challenge, which is a touch of sparkle. We want to see you glitz and glam up your creations this week with some bling!

I used my cute Whimsy Turtle for this card and some new K & Company papers that I got while shopping today. I need more paper like I need a hole in the head, but I just couldn't resist! The sketch if from this week's challenge at The Pink Elephant and the colors are for the challenge at Cute Daisy May.

I embellished with some micro beads and stickles for the sparkle. Then added some ribbon and buttons and some fish pins. The final accent is a sparkly flower charm tied on with more ribbon.

Thanks for dropping on over today. I hope to have some time tomorrow to do my visiting, see you soon. Happy stamping! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card Denise!! Love that sweet turtle surrounded by all that sparkly water!! :) Cute stick pins!! So fun!! TFS!! HUGS

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Super cute, Denise! Love all of the accents...the ribbon works PERFECT with the charm ;) Fabulous creation, as always!

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card Denise. Love the adorable image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Juls said...

gorgeous!! love the sheen on the water!! and I love the ribbon detail! such a fab card!

Unknown said...

What a cute card Denise - love it!! Glad you got some "you" time as well - you deserve it. Lol Lynn ♥

Elaine said...

Fabulous, Denise!

Lori said...

Hi Denise! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Your card is great! I love that little turtle..he's too cute. I also like how you did the ribbon on your card.

JazzyH said...

Cute and I love the embellishments.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

How cute! I love all the clever details and embellishments!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise-Lyn,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Erin... said...

SO cute!! Great job with the micro beads I always forget about those!

Bev said...

Now this is one cute card Denise, that turtle is just the cutest little turtle on the block lol. Love the fishy pins too x

Sweet Momiji said...

This is awesome!! I love that little turtle! Great card!