Friday, August 7, 2009

Stamp Something and Just Magnolia

Hi All!

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to the upcoming weekend. I know I'm excited for some family time and relaxing!

Today, I have 2 cards to share with you. The first one is for Just Magnolia. I was asked to be a guest designer for the month of August and of course I said YES! I love these sweet little images and the DT is so super talented, I'm just honored to be working with them!

This week the challenge is a sketch by the lovely Martine. This was a great sketch to work with, it's different and fun and I know I'll use it again sometime.

My card uses this sweet Tilda sitting and I've colored her with Copics in various shades of purple to match my papers. The papers are SU! cardstock in Almost Amethyst and Elegant Eggplant and the designer papers are BasicGrey Wisteria. I distressed all the edges with my scissors. The embellishments here are buttons and gems, a metal wire heart, and Prima flowers with more gems.

This is photo is to show you the complete tag with the whole image. This card also fits the challenges at Daring Cardmakers, which was bejeweled blitz, but I think I might be too late with my entry. I certainly have a bit of bling on this card!

My next card is for this week's Stamp Something challenge. This week we want to see your Charmed Somethings! Make a creation using a charm of some sort on your project. If you don't have a charm, be creative and make your own. One lucky winner will receive a gift certificate from Quixotic Paperie, this week's sponsor! Head over there now and check out all the details and the fabulous DT samples!

This is my charmed something using this cute Mermaid Emma image from Fred She Said. I've colored her with Copics and added some glitter accents with my Spica glitter pens in gold and clear. I cut the image out and popped her up on foam tape. The papers are some freebies I got from Shabby Princess. I've never downloaded paper before, what fun! I accented this card with a Prima flower and gem flower, some sea shells, little sea themed pins, and ribbon with my charm tied on with hemp twine.

This card fits the challenges at:
Cupcake Craft: Beachy
Creative Card Crew: Under the Sea
Fresh Batch: sketch
Daring Cardmakers: Bejeweled Blitz
Digital Tuesday: Bling

Thanks for stopping by today, have a great weekend! I'll see you back here on Sunday with a new challenge from Pile It On! Happy stamping! :)

31 comments:

Martine said...

oh wow two stunning cards, loving the papers and embellies used in both and perfect images to match :)


xx


Martine

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the little pocket in the first one!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Denise both of these cards are just gorgeous!! I adore the purple mag pocket card!! Too stinkin' cute!! I love charms...so you know I'll have to do this challenge!! ;) HUGS

Lythan said...

beautiful cards! thanks for adding sparkle a la Daring Cardmakers :)

JazzyH said...

The cards are so darn cute.! Great cards.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Denise-Lynn, what a stunning card. I love the cute digi-image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Denise!! I really like the mermaid, my DD believes one day she will become one, LOL.

God bless
Giovana

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love both cards! So pretty! Love the teal...which is on another challenge this week "tealy!" you should tack it on quick! :)

Erin... said...

Both of these are FANTASTIC Denise!!!! Love the colors of you JM card and that paper is great on your SS card!! Love that image with the gem in her hair, too cute!! Thanks for entering CCC this week too!!!

Jane said...

Lovely cards!
Isn't Tilda just the cutest?
Very nice job on the coloring!

Shelly said...

Two fabulous cards Denise, but my fave is the little mermaid, she's just too CUTE! I really like the colour and the paper you download is lovely!
Shelly x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Denise, love the colours and the papers, just perfect for our beach themed challenge this week. So pleased you could join us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Mina said...

wow two amazing card Denise, I love the fabulous fresh colours and your as always stunning colouring...stunning Tilda crad and I hope you really enjoy your time with us as Im so looking forward to all your fabulous creations
Mina xxx

100drine said...

De superbes cartes, bravooo !!! que de belles couleurs !!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Denise what beautiful layouts you have created for both of your layouts. You always add your special touch to each of your layouts.

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

two fabulous cards Denise. lovely images and details on both. hugs rachxx

Pop's Cards said...

AWW this is really cute i love the layout and colours that you have chosen, the flower looks fab as does emma, thanks for joining us at cupckae hugs pops x x x

Chris said...

I saw your mermaid card on the Stamp Something site and fell in love with it, and just had to tell you how adorable it is.
Thanks for sharing.

Liza said...

Gorgeous beach themed card, I love the blues. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

suzARTe said...

I just love this card is just gorgous, I love the colours and the little mermaid is so pretty.

Ellibelle said...

Wow, Denise, these are both gorgeous. I love your color combos, and that little mermaid is one of my favorite digi stamps! Thanks so much for joining us at digital tuesday!!

Ida / Little said...

Hi Denise, both cards look gorgeous, the Fred She Said image is so cute!! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and welcome back tomorrow for our next challenge! :)

Hugs Ida

lesleyworth said...

great cards! your images are fabulous and your color pallette sublime!

Lisa H. said...

two fabulous cards! great colors on both and always, wonderful coloring skills!

Emma said...

Gorgeous cards...love them both.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Paula said...

Wow Denise this is fabulous i adore the image and as always fab detail. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Lora said...

Both cards are gorgeous, love them both!
Thanks for joining us at DTC this week.
Lora x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card with so much subtle detail.

Victoria
x

Karen said...

Thanks Denise! This is also a lovely card! Beautiful stamp and flowers!! :D
Hugs,
Karen.

Anonymous said...

wow Denise! My fav is that mermaid card! wow!!! so many little details!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!

-- dalis

BTW. New Sketch is just posted at Stamps and Smiles!