Monday, August 17, 2009

Whimsy Ribbons and More

Hi All!

I am super late today getting this post up. It's been crazy hot here in NH and so we spent the day at the beach and of course had a great time, but that has set me back! I've been late with everything else today.

I want to share a card I created for the new Whimsy Challenge of Ribbons, Ribbons. We just want to see you use ribbons on your project. You can use a Whimsy image or not, but we'd love you to play either way!

These are the Whimsy Love You Mice. I think they are just super cute, plus I haven't used them in a bit. I colored them with Copics. Speaking of Copics, anyone buy the refills? Are the easy to use or is it better to just order another marker? I have a couple that are running out and I'm not sure of the best way to go about refilling them? Any help would be awesome!

The papers are SU! Night of Navy and Pink Pirouette with BasicGrey Two Scoops. This layout is from the sketch challenge at Stamp with Fun. The papers have been distressed with a pair of scissors. I added some grosgrain ribbon and eyelets for embellishments. Cute Daisy May's challenge is "The Word" which was to focus on a sentiment in your card. I think these little mice sure know how to say LOVE U!

Thanks for popping on by tonight. Have a great evening and a good start to your Tuesday tomorrow! Hope you get a chance to join in at Whimsy Challenges! Happy stamping! :)

20 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

What a cute card Denise!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Denise...love the image you have used,lovely colour scheme too....great take on Nicole's sketch....thanks for joining us at both SWF and CDM,
Take care
San x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love it all, from the tattered edges to the fab image, thanks for joing us at daisy again, super card as ever. janex

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Denise, those little mice are adorable! I'm so glad you could join us at CDM again this week
Ann x

Juls said...

just too cute! Love it!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Denise,Love the fab Image,Hugs Debbie x

Michele Spera said...

Denise
I love this card!! I like the colors you picked and especially the distressed edges:-) the image is too cute and colored wonderfully
Thanks for joining us this week at CDM
Michele spera

JazzyH said...

That is so darn cute! I love the paper you used and the image is great!

Anonymous said...

What a super sweet card Denise!! I love this image and the papers you've used with it are perfect!! :) I've never re-filled any of mine and I would be interested to know as well if it would just be easier/better to buy another marker? :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise-Lynn,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Diane said...

Adorable!!!!

Rach said...

Denise, i just love this image and your card is fantastic sweetie. hugs rachxx

Marcea said...

This is so lovely Denise, one of my fave images from the Whimsey range. Hope you are keeping cool
-x-

Becky said...

I adore that image Denise, perfect for the challenge!
Thanks for joining us at Cute Daisy May!
Love Becky xx

Tracey said...

Fab card, that image is soo funny :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Linda . J said...

What a simply stunning card Denise, I love the image and your colouring is gorgeous. Great papers and a beautiful layout, thank you for joining us over at CDM.
Hugs Linda

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww, a really lovely card Denise...loving that image! :)
Thank you for coming to play at CDM this week x

Anonymous said...

so cute card !!!love your works!!! thank for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Mona said...

Hi, such a cute an pretty card.
Thanks for joining us at SWF.
Hugs Mona

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous card - thanks for joining the DMD Challenge this week!