Friday, August 21, 2009

A Bithday Something and A Sketch

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hope your day is off to a great start! I'm happy that another weekend is upon us and I'm looking forward to some family time. Today is a big day at our house, my little man turned 6! We'll be having a little family party later today, but before that, I have cleaning to do!

Today I have two DT cards to share with you. First is my card for this week's Stamp Something Challenge. This week, in honor of my son, we are having a "Birthday Somethings" challenge! Anything birthday related will work for this challenge. We have a new sponsor this week too and a special chance for you all to enter your creations for a chance at publication! Head on over to Stamp Something and check out all the details!

Stamp Something

My card uses a couple other challenges along with our birthday somethings challenge at Stamp Something. I started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday and paired that with some SU! Crushed Curry and Taken with Teal cardstock and some BasicGrey Lemonade papers. I don't know what I'm going to do when these papers are gone. I just love them!

The image on my card is one I got the other day from Mo's Digital Pencil. I just love the sweetness of this little girl's face and all the summery flowers. The image has been colored with Copics and framed with my circle nesties. This image fits the challenges at Cute Card Thursday and The Pink Elephant which were to do with summer.

I embellished this card with some Prima flowers and brads, grosgrain ribbon, and then a sentiment stamped on a tag created with my nesties. The ribbon fits this week's Whimsy Challenges to use ribbons.

Just Magnolia

This is my card for the Just Magnolia challenge. I'm joining the DT for a bit while Kim takes a break. I've been having a great time with these ladies and with these challenges! This week we have a sketch for you which the super talented Rach has created!

I've used more BasicGrey Lemonade papers and SU! cardstock in Razzleberry Red and Melon Mambo. I made this card a while ago and forget that it uses some of the same papers as in my SS card this week. So they match a bit! This little Tilda was stamped for me by my friend Vicki. She's been colored with Copics and highlighted with a gel pen and Spica gold glitter pen. I also added some flower soft to her little flower basket to create some texture.

The sentiment is a SU! one, although at the moment I can't remember which set it's from. I paper pierced the edges and dry embossed the circle piece with my CB. I also added a large Prima flower with a button center and some ribbon and a brad to finish this card off.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend and if you're up for some challenges, be sure to check out both Stamp Something and Just Magnolia this week! Happy Stamping! :)

25 comments:

Erin... said...

OMG these are freakin awesome!!!!!! LOVE that image and your coloring is fabulous!

Annie said...

Totally wow cards both of them. YOu do the most amazing stuff.
Thank you for sharing them with us at the PInk Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Wendy Hall said...

Wonderful Denise!! I have left you a little something over at my blog!!

Kevin Renz said...

Denise,

Love the fun vibrant colors on both your cards. Happy birthday to your sone :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise-Lynn,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Denise. Happy birthday to your wee man too!! Lol Lynn ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh you just go girl!! :) I love these Denise!! The images are so cool!! I love that little girl at the top...she's sweet!! The colors are amazing again!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend friend!! HUGS

Mina said...

two stunning cards Denise, your colouring is as always just perfect...love those yummy BG papers
Mina xxx

tiggertastic said...

I noticed this top one today on the DT board, fantastic stamp and i love your colour use.

the way you have used the tilda sketch is excellent too,

Hope you have a enjoyable weekend.

Sarah

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous cards Denise, how do you find the time??. Happy birthday to your little boy and enjoy the party. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things, its amazing just how much laundry 1 family can make.
Clairex

blah said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy!

I absolutely love the first one--that image is so cute!!!! I also {heart} the Lemonade papers and just love the glazed brads in the flower centers.

Marcea said...

Denise, wow sweetie these are stunning! Your SS is so cute, I agree, the little girl is just the sweetest. Your Jm is also just too adorable. Both are full of the most pretty details
Have a great weekend and happy birthday to your little one
-x-

LORi said...

Both card are super Denise Lynn!!
Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!

Unknown said...

Forgot to say earlier - thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday to your little boy! Hope he had a lovely day! Lovin these cards, cute girl image and fab papers (I'll have to get me some of these Lemonade pads) and the paper pricking on the Magnolia card looks great! Shelly x

Jolanda said...

LOVE the Cards....Wonderful colours and the birthday card is sooooo funny.
TOPPIE....
Hugs Jolanda

Rach said...

fabulous cards sweetie, love them both... hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Stunning cards, hun, love the images and all the detail that you have added too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Simone said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! Very colourful and cute!
Simone

ellen s. said...

amazing cards!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Beautiful coloring, fantastic papers and the accents are perfect! Love all of the images and the colors...you are amazing :)

Lisa H. said...

two adorable ones, Denise! LOVe the image for your birthday card challenge. great colors, too!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Denise. Love the images you've used and the colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Bev said...

Both cards are stunning sweetie, loving those BG papers and two brilliant takes on the sketches x