Friday, August 14, 2009

Stamp Something and Just Magnolia

Happy Friday All!

Hope your day is going well. I'm excited for another weekend! We are celebrating my son's 6th birthday this weekend and having family over. I can't believe he's 6 already, time sure goes by quickly and they grow up fast! I'm also looking forward to some relaxing too, it's been another busy week.

Stamp Something

So today, I have two cards to share. First, is the card I made for the new Stamp Something challenge. This week we are thinking "Summer Vacation Somethings" and since summer is fast approaching an end, we thought this was a fitting challenge. You can create anything that makes you think of summer or reminds you of something you did on your summer vacation.

For my card I went with some fun summer colors and patterned paper with fruit on it, which both remind of of lazy summer days playing with the kids outside and going to the local farm to pick fresh fruit.

I used this cute Gretel Pixie from CC Designs and colored her with Copics to match my papers. I added some glitter to her hair with a Spica pen and highlighted her with a white gel pen. I added some brads and hardware in red on the image layer. I embellished with some grosgrain ribbons and some flowers with button centers. I also added a strawberry charm for a finishing touch. That charm fits the Lili of the Valley challenge of so charming!

We have a fun prize of 3 clear stamp sets that Erin found in the Stamp Something prize vault. We've been doing a little cleaning around SS and wanted to share with you! One lucky winner will receive all 3 sets! Head on over to Stamp Something and check out all the summery design team samples and the blog candy we have for you this week.

Just Magnolia

Next, I have my card for the new Just Magnolia challenge. I'm a GDT for the month of August, but Bev has asked me to stay on for a couple months to fill in while DT member Kim takes a little break. I'm thrilled to be able to stay for a while. I not only love my cute Magnolia's but these gals are super nice and so talented, it's been an honor to work with them!

The challenge this week is Friendship. Create a project with a friendship theme and a Magnolia image and you are good to go! I've created a card for a very close friend who just celebrated her birthday.

I used some fun and cheerful colors in SU! Crushed Curry, Razzleberry Red, and Taken with Teal. I never use Teal, but I LOVE this color combo. I paired the cardstock with BasicGrey Lemonade papers.

The image is Tilda with Hearts that my friend Vicki stamped for me. And I loved her so much that I actually bought my own stamp this week. Just waiting for her to arrive with a couple of her friends! :) She has been colored with Copics of course and also highlighted with a gel pen and glitter pen. I added some paper piercing to the edge of the image piece.

I finished off this card with polka dot ribbon in Razzleberry and some colorful Prima flowers with button centers. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and the inside has the special birthday message.

Well, that was a long post. Thanks for visiting today. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Happy stamping! :)

14 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise-Lynn,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lynn said...

They are both super cute! beautifully colored and embellished...love that little strawberry charm.

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Denise. Your coloring is great.
God bless
Giovana

Mina said...

two stunning cards Denise...Im so chuffed to bits that your staying on for a while as your work is allways amazing
Mina xxx

Juls said...

such gorgeous cards!

Lauren said...

Super cute cards Denise!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Wicked cute...both of them! Love the papers and the bold colors! Beautiful coloring on both, too!

Rach said...

hiya sweetie, fabulous cards both are awesome, so glad to hear that you are staying on with us a while longer. hugs rachxx

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creations Denise. Love the vibrant colours and the designs.
Hugs
Desire

June said...

Brilliant cards my friend. I love the cute fairy one :)
hugs June x

Jane said...

Lovely cards!
That little fairy is just too sweet!

Shelly said...

HI Denise! Love bothe the cards, such a cute summery theme on your SS card, and fab colours on the Tilda card! Have a lovely weekend, and Happy Birthday to your little boy! :)

Arline said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the colours and ribbons and flowers!xx

Lisa H. said...

two fabulous cards! love the fun paper of the first one and of course the razzleberry in the second one. cute stuff!