Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whimsy and Scrap and Stamp

Happy Saturday!

Hope you're all enjoying another weekend! We are having a heat wave here so I'm off to play in the pool with the kids. Before I head outside though, I wanted to share a scrap book page. I know, Denise made a scrap book page.!LOL

This week Whimsy Stamps is sponsoring the challenge at Scrap and Stamp Saturday and the gals have asked me to guest design. I was happy to be asked and said yes, but then I had to make a page. Yikes! I'm a card maker, not a scrapper so this was hard for me.

The challenge this week is "whimsical" pages. You can do anything you want that involves some stamping and scrapping and that says whimsical to you.

I decided to use some photos from a recent blueberry picking trip with my good friend Erin and her girls. The kids had a great time and were super at picking too! I paired the photos with some fun papers in blues and purples and then embellished with a flower and some buttons and rhinestone brads. I stamped the title with an alpha set from Stampin' Up! and the little ant parade are ants from Whimsy Animals Accessories Set 2.

If you're looking for a fun challenge, head on over to Scrap and Stamp and join in this week's challenge. You might be a lucky winner and snag yourself some Whimsy Stamps! Have a great weekend. See you on Monday with a new Whimsy Challenge! Happy stamping! :)

12 comments:

Jane said...

What a fun page!

Erin... said...

CUTE!! And it matches mine with the turquoise!! We both used the same pic of the kids, I thought it was so cute!!!!! Fun ants!!!! And a fun trip!

Jenni said...

Gorgeous layout, those kids really look as if they're having fun!
Jenni x

kathleenh said...

Sweet page Denise! I love the little ant parade!

Juls said...

such a great page!

Anonymous said...

Denise, how fun is this page!! Love the fun colors and who could resist those smiling kids!! Oh those were the days!! :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! I AM!!! HUGS And tell the little guy a very Happy Birthday for me!!

JazzyH said...

Great page!

Martine said...

such a gorgeous layout hunni, love everything about it :)


xx

Martine

Riet said...

What a beautiful layout Denise-Lynn.

Hugs Riet.x

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Layout Denis. Love the cute little ants marching all over ... it must be the sweetness of the berries enticing them.
Hugs
Desire

KarenB said...

Hi Denise,
Good on you for creating a LO! I can totally relate to that, except I'm the opposite - I do scrap layouts but I go 'yikes' when it comes to creating a card LOL!! Which is why I love the challenge blogs, because I can extend myself and grow in confidence too.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice message.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Too fun, love all those little critters, oh yeah the ants too!!!