Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday Challenges

Morning All,

We just had a some thunderstorms here with very heavy rain. I'm really not a fan of storms, in fact I hate them! I hope it is drier and quieter where you are!

Now that it's finally quiet here I was able to get to the computer to share the card I made yesterday using some of the Monday challenges and a weekend one too.

I found this sketch along with the color combo over at Cupcake Craft. The Pink Elephant was also a color challenge, which just happened to be very similar to Cupcake's. I used the Parisian Breeze papers from SU! with some Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze cardstock. All of the edges have been distressed. I'm really liking distressed edges lately!

The image is a Tilda colored with Copics and highlighted with a gel pen. I cut her out and sat her in the oval frame and stamped a "wish" sentiment about her to fit the challenge of "birthday" at Stamp with Fun. I embellished this card with Prima flowers and a paper rose to fit the challenges at Cute Daisy May and One Stop Craft. I finished this card with some taffeta ribbon, brads, and buttons.

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you have a great day! Time for me to run some errands now that I can see out the window! Happy stamping! :)

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card Denise - lovely image and colour choice. Thank you for joining us at CDM this week
Ann x

Anonymous said...

She's just darling Denise!! The colors look fabulous with your design!! HUGS

Juls said...

so cute!

Elaine said...

Love this Denise! Gorgeous colours.

Sharon said...

This is lovely Denise. I love the colours and the distressed edges.

Mina said...

wow stunning card Denise, I love brown and blue together its always beautiful...your Tilda is coloured beautifully
Mina xxx

Mary said...

Your card came out adorable.

Mary

Donna said...

Fantastic card Denise, you have done such a wonderful job with this weeks sketch and colour theme, such a fab image too! So pleased you could join us this week at CCC :) Donna x

Erin... said...

Super Cute Denise!!! Love this combo and your Tilda is perfect!!! These are the greatest papers too!! Thanks for playing along with CCC this week!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Thanks for joining CCC and taking part in my challenge this week. Your card is super cute!

Kristen H said...

This is a great card! I love it.
The colors are great and that image is a sweetie.
You can send your T-storms my way any time. I love them. I wish we had more of them. But I feel I am in the minority.

Love your stamps by the way.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love the vintage feel to your card, Tilda is so cute and so are your pretty flowers, thanks for joining daisy may. janex

The Crafty Den said...

Fantastic card Denise-Lynn. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. The SU papers are lush. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Annie said...

Fabulous card - love that distressed look and the whole effect you've created is just gorgeous. Thank for joining us again at TPE.

Ann xxx

Rach said...

a fantastic colour combo denise, gorgeous, I love how you have coloured your Tilda too, beautiful. hug srachxx

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is just stunning what a beautiful image and so beautifully coloured
Hugs Jacqui x

Liza said...

We have just had a couple of days of thunderstorms and rain too! Your card is gorgeous, your image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Jane said...

What a great card! Love the colors you've used. The card looks so soft and well put together!

Michele Spera said...

Oh what a cute card!! I love the colors you picked and I especially love the distressed edges!
Glad you could join us at CDM this week
XMichele speraX

Linnie said...

Darling Card I love it
Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
linniex

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Denise!
Thanks for joining us at Cute Daisy May!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card !!! love the sweet image and the wonderful details !!!thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the colour combo and the image is perfectly coloured. Thanks for joining again at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Carol said...

Cute!! love the distressing and the buttons look like they are smiling :)
Great card...

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Great job coloring. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining the CDM Challenge.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for creating with us again this week :) @ TPE.