Sunday, August 16, 2009

Piled on Magnolia

Hi All,

Hope you are having a great Sunday! I didn't think I would be posting a card today, but I was able to squeeze in some stamping time last night and wanted to share. I made a card for a couple challenges and some DT work.

First, this card fits the Just Magnolia Monthly Challenge which is to use the 3D tutorial to create to 3 dimensional image with your Magnolia stamps. Since I'm going to be on the Just Magnolia Design Team for a couple months, I wanted to join in with this fun monthly challenge too. There is a great prize from Simon Says Stamp on offer for a random participant. Head on over and check out the beautiful DT samples and the tutorial!

This card is also for the Pile It On! challenge which this week is to create a boy themed card and of course to also pile on the challenges. Please remember when piling on challenges to use current challenges to be eligible to win.

I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers for the layout of my card. The papers are SU! Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie along with BasicGrey Off Beat designer paper. I embellished with some grosgrain ribbons and some BasicGrey buttons. I added a couple silver brads, a metal clip and a bee charm with hemp twine. The charm fits the "So Charming" challenge over at Lili of the Valley.

Thanks for dropping on by today. I hope you have a great afternoon. We are having a party at our house to celebrate our big boy turning 6!

Happy stamping! :)

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a lovely card for perhaps a boy. Well done on combining so many challenges with one creation.
Hugs
Desire

Rach said...

gorgeous denise, well done on getting the card made.. great detail and colours. have a fabby party sweetie, hugs rachxx

artfulstampin said...

Whata sweet image, love the colouring

Marley said...

Really really nice! Love the colours!
xx Marley

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh, how adorable! Love this image and your coloring!
TFS :*) margie

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love it!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Denise this is such a fabulous card hunny. I love that image and you've coloured it so perfectly and what great detail too. Hugs Linda x

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Loving all those buttons with those great dps. AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Denise...this looks so stinkin' cute!! I love those buttons and the colors make this such a fun and happy card!! What an adorable charm!! Beautiful coloring!! I don't know why I'm up at 1:00 AM...so I'm blurfing right now!! LOL!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Hannah said...

wow fab card i love it
there is a little somethink for you on my blog
big hugs hannahxx

Unknown said...

wow your card looks so fantastic and wonderful in colours and choice of details really fabulous and pretty.
thank you so much for your entry with my sketch to the friday sketchers challenge.
have a nice week. hugs, bea

Jane said...

What an adorable card!
Excellent coloring!!!

craftypagan said...

Hi hun! Stopping by to say hi! I love this card-it's so fun-love those accents! Hope you've had a great weekend! Love Rowena