Friday, April 4, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Callenge #42

I'm back again. I've missed out on taking part in the weekend sketch challenges on Beate's blog, Fresh and Fun, for a couple weeks now. I had some time today, so I gave it a try. It's a great sketch as always, but I had to rotate my card as I wasn't happy with it going vertically.

I decided to keep with the theme of using chipboard and scrap DSP. I used more Afternoon Tea paper and a circle chipboard frame.

The card base is Close to Cocoa stamped with the Canvas BG. I then layered Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky with the coordinating DSP. I sponged the edges of the solid cardstock for added texture. Then I stamped the faux stitching around the edges on the DSP. The main image is from Bloomin' Beautiful. I colored it with re-inkers and an aquapainter. The chipboard has been lightly sponged with Cocoa ink and adhered to the image piece. The final touch was to add 2 styled silver flower brads.

Thanks for looking. Have a great weekend, give this sketch a try! Happy Stamping! :)

20 comments:

Alex said...

Wonderful card for the sketch, Denise - I love it!! And the chipboard is amazing! I really like your card below too, very pretty with those warm colors!! Great job, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Denise! I love it!
LeAnne

Erin... said...

Seriously at some point could you make a card that is not perfectly fabulous??? It would make me feel better!! Amazing job with this sketch!!!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card. I linked here from Beate's challenge, and I am glad I did, you do lovely work.

Samantha Esqueda said...

You are a ROCK STAR stamper- you have really blossomed in your beautiful artful designs! LOve this card! TFS

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Beutiful.Love the image.x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous image and fabulous colours!

Beth said...

Beautiful! Love the stitching and the chipboard - the brads are the perfect finishing touch...just lovely!

Cardmaking Galore said...

I love this card. The backing papers are really pretty and the stamped image co-ordinates perfectly

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

Jo said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the papers you've used and the image is fabulous.

Teresa said...

Very Pretty love the card, the faux stitching looks real

Annie said...

such a pretty card and you used those beautiful papers again!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the soft colours and the stamp is so pretty

The Rubber Maid said...

Love what you did, it's soft and elegant. Very nice ! Pat

Heather Huggins said...

Great job on the sketch! I love this stamp set.

Samantha Esqueda said...

Hi there- you got an award- check it out on my blog!

Maren said...

So gorgeous! What soft colors and beautiful watercoloring!
Great job!

Lauren said...

This is so pretty. I really love the stitching.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card! Beautiful!!