Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Making Waves - Papertake Weekly Challenge



My friend and fellow blogger, Jo, has a super cute card on her blog that she made using this week's challenge on Papertake Weekly. The challenge is "making waves." Use zig-zags or scallops or both on your project. How fun and easy is that! This is a challenge I can handle. :)

I made my card using my new set, Pun Fun. This set is so darn cute and very versatile too. For the waves part of this challenge, I used my Nestabilities scalloped rectangle. The colors are Black, Blue Bayou and DSP, and White. I used an aquapainter and re-inkers to color the hippo. I drew the grass free hand and brushed on some green with the aquapainter. I added double stitched grosgrain and hodgepodge for my embellishments.

Thanks for looking, happy stamping! :)

15 comments:

Juliet said...

Gorgeous card - that hippo is so cute!

Samantha Esqueda said...

This is super cute- You rock at drawing grass-
I am going to CASE this card!

Jo said...

Oh this is so cute Denise, love the image, papers, embellishments....in fact everything. A job well done!

Maren said...

This is super cute!! That buckle looks great!!

tiina38 said...

This is very cute card!

www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Andrea, said...

Fantastic card Denise, that is such a cute image and the design of your card is fab

Monika said...

Wonderful card,lovely image ,nice paper

My Little Space said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Mandy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, great colours and such a cute hippo

steph said...

Aww that's gorgeous! Love the ribbon and buckle - a great finishing touch! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Jilli said...

Beautiful card, love the hippo and the ribbon and buckle. Fab!

Sarah said...

A really cute card!! I love the layout. That hippo is really cute!
xx :0)

Lauren said...

Great layout! I love the color combination you chose. This card is super cute.

Ella Bella said...

Very cute card! love the hippo and the colours :)

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card ,love the cute stamp ,Dawnxx