Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stamp Club Projects

Happy Tuesday,

Last night was my monthly stamp club and so I thought I would share the projects we made. We had a great time stamping, it's always more fun stamping with others. Thanks again to the ladies who attended. :)

We made this first card using Tart & Tangy and the Summer Picnic DSP. I just can't get enough of this set and everyone at club seemed to enjoy it as well. We also made a matching sour cream container filled with Skittles, but my husband has since opened the one I made. So you'll need to use your imagination! :)



For this next project we used the stamp set Unfrogettable to create a slider style card. This was fun to make and everyone chose to stamp something different on the front image and the slider. So we all had unique cards!


We did a single slider instead of the double and I think I like this better. It was easier and it seems to work better too. I'll be making more of these!








For the last projects, we created a card with a matching gift card holder using the stamps from Pun Fun. The card layout was taken from an old sketch challenge from Beate's blog, Fresh and Fun.


The gift card holder is super easy to make. Here are the details for that...

supplies:
One piece of cardstock 4 1/4" X 11" scored at 3", 5 1/2", and 8", Coordinating cardstock for the front of the gift card holder to embellish as desired, Word Window punch and a Circle Punch, ribbon for the closure, and adhesive.

1. Fold your cardstock along the score lines accordion style.
2. On the back side of the cardstock, run adhesive along what will be the bottom and two sides of the pocket (between the 5 1/2" score and the 3" score). Leave the 5 1/2" score line free of adhesive.
3. Fold your gift card holder again on the scores to adhere the pocket together. Now open the card. You will need to use your Word Window punch to cut an opening for your gift card holder. I started at one end of the 5 1/2" score line, punched and then punched again right next to the first punch. Be sure to leave about a half inch on each end. Check for proper fit using your gift card.
4. Next, use the Circle Punch to make a half circle or smaller notch in the middle of your punched area. This will make removing the gift card a bit easier.
5. Embellish the front as desired and use ribbon to tie the card holder closed.

Thanks for looking, have a great day. Happy Stamping!! :)

12 comments:

Andrea, said...

Another fab slider card and I love the card and gift card holder what a gorgeous little gift

Samantha Esqueda said...

I love all of your projects- they are wonderful! How much do you charge to come to your stamp camp? I wish I lived closer- Don't you want To move to So Cali??? hehe lol!

Lauren said...

These are so fun and cheerful! TFS.

Sandi Berg said...

oooohhh...I like the idea of creating a card and a matching gift card holder! I was planning on doing a gift card holder at my workshop next week. I think I'll have them do the matching card too!

Erin... said...

great projects Denise!!! Can't wait to try the gift card holder--super tutorial!!!Tart n tangy is perfect w/ skittles!!!!

Alex said...

Fabulous projects Denise - I totally love them all!! I bet you had fun, I miss having gals to stamp with...since moving to CA, my business has come to a screeching halt...CTMH is really really big in this area and it seems everyone I meet is already doing that *sigh* Sorry for the rant, I am sooo glad you all had a good time!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LuvCraftn said...

What greaat projects! I think my fave is the Tart and Tangy, but I really love the Pun Fun and the slider is super cute. :-)
Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects, Denise! They all look great. Hugs and smiles

Diane said...

Lovely cards Denise!!! Looks like you had lots of fun!!!
Glad you like my pictures,lol.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Lovely work.I love the zingy orange on the first card.xx

Jo said...

Oh, I so wish I could come to your club! Lots of great ideas and they're all fantastic! Love them all!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!