Friday, April 25, 2008

Flowers

Happy Friday!!

We've been having the best weather the last few days. The trees and plants are all starting to bloom, Spring is definitely here! So in honor of the recent burst of Spring, I thought I would make some cards with flowers.


This first card is very simple. I water colored the image on watercolor paper with markers, then cut the image out. The cardstock is Naturals Ivory. I tore the edge and sponged on some Brocade Blue ink and stamp the sentiment in that same color. The final touch was a piece of wide Artichoke Organdy ribbon and a piece of Ivory Organdy ribbon.



This second card is a bit more fancy. The base is Old Olive. I sponged the edges and added paper piercing around the entire card. The main image is stamped on Very Vanilla and layered on Rose Red. I used the spotlight technique on the image to add just a bit of color to one area. I added some brads and a photo corner to the top corner and a piece of Ivory Organdy ribbon around the bottom with a piece of Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware. The final accents are two 3D butterflies. The sentiment was stamped with Olive ink.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Stamping!! :)




15 comments:

Sandi Berg said...

I really like how you popped up part of the image with the circle punches!

Cassie said...

very nice - esp. love the olive with the hot pink!

Diane said...

Both wonderful!!! Love the color combo on the 2nd card!!!

Jo said...

Both very beautiful cards...love the colour combo on the second one but also love the simplicity of the first!!

Erin... said...

Both of these are so pretty. I'm in love with the first one!! I think it's gorgeous!!

Just me said...

So pretty. I love the layout and technique on the second. So cool

Samantha Esqueda said...

Love them both- I have one Hydrengea left from your PIF - I guess i am going to have to CASE- :)

Heather Huggins said...

I love them both! The first one is so simple but fun and the second one I really like how you spot lighted it. Very pretty!!

Nancy B said...

Lovely cards! Now if only the flowers would look that nice outside.

It's been rainey and chilly here in Il. We haven't seen to much in the way of spring flowers blooming.

Waiting for them to come up!

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards, I love the pink and the green, my favourite colours and the vase of flowers is so pretty and coloured perfectly

Annie said...

such pretty cards and stamps! I do like the spotlight technique one with the little butterflies.

Becky Carafa said...

I love them both, but the second one is just gorgeous! I love how you spotlighted and did the butterflies!

Lauren said...

These are beautiful. The spot lighting technique you used on the 2nd is fabulous!

Teresa said...

wow!! Beautiful cards, I don't water color very much but think I need to humm maybe those flower stamps will see some Ink!!
Love to be crafty it's just buying anything and everything you need to do IT ALL !!!

Alex said...

Now how in the world did I miss these - totally beautiful cards Denise, but I especially love that second one - gorgeous, girl!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex