Friday, April 11, 2008

Finally Friday Challenge - CASED

Happy Friday!

Hope everyone has had a good week thus far. We've had some great weather here, all week long, and even got to play outside! No more snow! It's suppose to be a cooler weekend though, of course!

Today on Erin's blog, Scrap Stamp and Be Merry, she has her Finally Friday Challenge posted and it's to CASE a card you've seen on a blog. CASEing means to Copy And Share Everything. I saw a card last month on Beate's blog, Fresh and Fun, it was absolutely stunning, as always. So when I saw Erin's challenge today, I just knew that was the card to CASE. Beate's card can be seen HERE.

I chose to use the same color combination of Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Soft Sky for the papers, but I added a Very Vanilla layer to stamp my image on to. The Ruby Red piece was stamped with the swirl/vine from Baroque Motifs and then the edges were sponged with Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie ink.

Beate used a special technique for stamping her main image, but I did the Thumping Technique from SCS for mine. You just ink your image in one color and then tap different color(s) on randomly with the side of a brush tipped marker. Here I stamped with Wild Wasabi and then thumped/tapped with Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie markers. It gives it a marbled look.

Next, I sponged the edges of the other layers of cardstock, the Chocolate Chip is sponged with Chocolate Chip and the Soft Sky with Soft Sky. I also sponged Soft Sky on the top of the image piece and Wild Wasabi on the bottom. I added white gel pen dots by hand around the image layers for a border. The final touch was a piece of Hodgepodge and some ribbon.

Besides the different stamping technique and additional paper color, the changes I made when making my card were; added butterflies to the image piece, left out the sentiment, and changed the ribbon colors. This was a fun challenge. Hope you get the chance to play along. Have a great weekend. Happy Stamping! :)

18 comments:

Sandi Berg said...

Very pretty! I like the idea of thumping. I will have to try it!!!

Jo said...

Beautiful card yet again Denise and wow, you do know alot of stamping techniques! I've given you an award....please see my blog for details.

Samantha Esqueda said...

ok- so when do you find the time. This CASE doesn't even look like a case. Your's is so much prettier- I love it and I love how you incorperated the thumping- I love to meet more than one challenge at a time. Great job- keep up the good work.

Cassie said...

I love how yours turned out!! The butterflies are awesome

Sandy said...

Wow this is totally awesome. So wonderful card.

Beth said...

Beautiful-the thumping is so eye-catching and your butterflies are lovely!

Jennifer Buck said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing! ...and thanks for entering my blog candy contest! I have tagged you for a little game and I hope you'll play...I will post the info in just a few! Thanks for your kind words and have a great weekend! :)

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the colours are wonderful

Louise F NZ said...

very pretty Denise. Love the colours.

Just me said...

This is really striking. I love the colors that are bold on the paper and soft on the image.

Alex said...

This is a gorgeous card - really stunning!!! I love the colors, the stamps, the layout, just a fabulous card Denise - you rocked the challenge for sure!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lynn said...

Just beautiful! Love the way you colored the image. We've had some beautiful weather this week too...but this morning it is snowing. :^(

Diane said...

I love,love,love your butterfly card!!! Pretty colors!!

Heather Huggins said...

This is very pretty. Great job of casing!

Maren said...

So gorgeous! What a great case! Love these colors!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is really pretty!

Lauren said...

This is beautiful! TFS.

Robyn said...

I just ordered this set. Seeing this card makes me want to play with mine.