Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shrink to Fit

While doing some blog hopping over the weekend, I saw a really cute card on my friend Jo's blog. It was a card she made for the challenge on Daring Cardmakers called "Shrink to Fit."

This challenge was posted on Friday and of course I only just got the chance to take part today. There's already a new challenge posted. But last week's challenge states...

"So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards."

I don't typically make cards with this style, so this was a perfect challenge for me to try. I chose to use Sahara Sand as the card base. I then layered a 5cm X 6cm piece of Mellow Moss under a 4.5cm X 5.5cm of Very Vanilla. My images are from the Stampin' Up! set Baroque Motifs. I stamped the vine image in Mellow Moss and the flowers in Soft Sky. I stamped the sentiment in Sahara Sand. The two layers are adhered to the Sahara piece with foam tape. Thanks for looking. Happy Stamping!! :)

12 comments:

Mucky Pup said...

Gorgeous card and such lovely colours!

Cassie said...

I love the soft colors you used!

Samantha Esqueda said...

absolutely beautiful! You rocked that challenge!

Alex said...

Very pretty Denise - love the soft and pretty colors you used! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie C said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamps you have used

Teresa said...

Very nice simple but elegant

Sandy said...

Oh Denise this is elegant. So gorgeous card. Love it.

Lauren said...

This card is to clean and elegant. LOVE it!

Erin... said...

What a pretty card!It's very crisp! great job with the challenge!

Jo said...

This is beautiful Denise...the image is gorgeous and so are the colours. DCM challenge is open until Friday....they just post a mini challenge during the week so hope you have linked your card :)

Kathy said...

Lovely swirly pattern Denise, it makes such a pretty centrepiece for your card

Lynn said...

Beautiful colors, so pretty! I haven't played with my Baroque Motifs set in a while...this makes me want to go get it out!

You always have such nice postings on your blog and take time to post nice comments on so many other blogs...YOU ROCK!

I nominated you for an award (but maybe you already recieved it?) for more info look here: http://lwdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/04/arte-y-pico-award-bloomin-boo-boo.html