Thursday, April 10, 2008

Watercolor Wonder Crayons

Happy Thursday Stampers!

I have stamp club tonight and I need to have some fresh project ideas to share with my members. So, I decided to do some blog hopping to get the creative juices flowing. I was inspired to take out my watercolor wonder crayons, which I'll be honest, I haven't used in quite a while, but after a visit to Kerin's blog, I knew they were the perfect product to use for club tonight. She posted an absolutely gorgeous flower project using these crayons. Check out her blog, HERE. These really are fabulous crayons, if you don't own them, you should consider getting some.

This first card is basically a CASE of one I saw in the SCS gallery. So sorry, but I don't remember who the original artist is to give credit to. I used Brocade Blue and Night of Navy cardstock with watercolor paper. The circles were punched out of Brocade paper to create a faux embossing. I then adhered ribbon and a strip of sticky tape to the card and covered the tape with beads and microbeads for some texture. The whale was stamped with Jet Black Staz-On ink and then colored with the watercolor crayons and an aquapainter. It's a very simple card, but fun too.


This next card uses more Rich Regal colors. I chose So Saffron, Regal Rose, and Rose Red and then Very Vanilla for the neutral. I used Pun Fun and the Sweet Stars wheel for the Stampin' Up! Free Wheelin' promo. I do love this stamp set, it's too cute and very versatile. The image here was stamped with Timber Brown Staz-On ink and colored with the watercolor crayons and an aquapainter. I paper pierced the border and added some photo corners and a felt flower for finishing touches.

Now I'm off to figure out what else to show my club members tonight. Thanks for looking, hope you all have a terrific Thursday. Happy Stamping!! :)

8 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Adorable creations.

Heather Huggins said...

These both look very cute! I have to admit I own some of those crayons but have never used them. I might have to get them out.

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! These are adorable projects. I don't own any watercolor crayons but should get some after seing these cute projects.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your use of beads on the first card - they are both so cute!

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Diane said...

Lovely cards Denise,I'm sure you had lots of fun at your class!

Lauren said...

These are super cute!

Jo said...

Super cute cards Denise...just wish I was closer to come to your stamping club :)

Annie said...

thanks for showing the fab cards you made with the crayons. I've been wondering about getting some from the UK catalogue but wondered which sets to choose first .. .. annie x