Friday, April 4, 2008

Keepin' It Simple

Hi All! Happy Friday, Yay!

I was inspired by a card I saw on Lauren's blog, Groppi Girl Blogs. She makes fantastic cards, that are classically clean and strikingly beautiful. Lately, she's been making cards using chipboard. I have a pile of chipboard that I never think to use. So, today I decided to drag out my stash and make a card with NO stamping. I know, crazy huh!

This card was made using scrap pieces of the designer series paper, Afternoon Tea. I got this idea from Lauren as well. The card base is Chocolate Chip cardstock.

I lined the top and bottom edges of DSP with chocolate grosgrain ribbon. For the final touch, I sponged ink on the chipboard flower and attached it with a rhinestone brad. This is very different for me, I don't think I've ever made a card without some sort of stamping. Thanks for looking. Hope you have a fantastic Friday. Happy Stamping!! :)

5 comments:

LuvCraftn said...

This is a great card!!! I can't imagine making a card and not stamping. :-) I really like this. Hope you have a great weekend!

Erin... said...

This came out so pretty!! I saw Lauren's original and loved that too!! It's amazing there's so much depth and detail and yet no stamps!! Beautiful!!

Jo said...

Another wonderful card. Think I should have a go at making a card with no stamping...would be one way to use up the big heap of embellishments I own!!

Teresa said...

I love the brown, I don't use chip board much but need too.

Becky Carafa said...

Love the pattern strips on this, and I'm a fan of Lauren's too!