Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweet Sugar Nellies

Happy Thursday!

That means time to commit rubber-dultery! It's great fun using my stash of images. A little while back my friend, Jo, sent me a card folder filled with Sugar Nellie images, so today I took those out. They are super sweet!

This first card was colored with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. The cardstock Jo stamped these images on is fabulous for watercoloring. Everything blends so well. I'll have to ask her where she gets it and then I'll share that info with you. I used Brocade Blue and Pretty in Pink for my card colors. For embellishments, I used some brads and ribbon with paper piercing. Simple and sweet!


This next card was also colored with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I chose this image to complete the Cute Card Thursday challenge, "anything cute with wings..." from last week. She's holding this cute little bird so I think this works. I used the same color combo as the card above. I also added brads and ribbon with paper piercing for the embellishments. To make this card a bit different, I made a scalloped edge with my corner rounder punch.

**To make these cards all Stampin' Up! you could use the set If the Halo Fits from the Spring/Summer Collection.

Hope you have a great Thursday! Happy Stamping!! :)

11 comments:

Samantha Esqueda said...

well- you are super cute when you are commiting rubber-dultry! What a great friend that Jo seems like :) I have some watercolor crayons and haven't used them yet- I will have to. Have a happy day :)

Jo said...

What a fabulous job you've done with these images Denise. The colouring is fab (as usual!) and you've just got a knack for choosing the right colour scheme!

Lauren said...

These are just super sweet. The layouts are fabulous and the colors are darling!

Erin... said...

i forgot brocade blue was even a color with soft sky and bayou around!! perfect choice for those cute images!! wonderful coloring!!

Just me said...

these are adorable!

Sandy said...

Cute, cute, cute. So lovely cards.

Alex said...

These are stinkin' adorable Denise!!! I love them both, even if it IS rubbadultery, lol!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

What darling images!! :) Totally love the soft colors you've colored them in with!! TFS!

Cassie said...

Love the second one!

Diane said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those stamps!!!
She is soooo adorable!! Love your coloring too!!

Heather Huggins said...

These are both great!! Got to love those Sugar Nellies!!