Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bold Brights Dots

I was on Beate's blog, Fresh and Fun, this morning and she had a new inspiration challenge posted that was a card made up of different colored dots. It made me think birthday for some reason and bright colors. I never use the Bold Brights color family from Stampin' Up!, so these cards are very different for me.

The one on the left was made using punched out circles of Bold Brights cardstock and the one on the right used Bold Brights ink and a flower stamp from the hostess set, Make it Count. They are both more geared for kids. We have a birthday party this weekend that we're going to, so I may use one of these or who knows, I may make another one.

The neat part about this challenge was that it made me try something new. That's what challenges are all about right, challenging ourselves to try. I hope you'll give something new a try today too. Have a great day, happy stamping! :)

12 comments:

Alex said...

Okay, I am in love with these - are they stinkin' cute or what??? I totally LOVE what you did with Beate's challenge, those flowers are PERFECT and the dots ack!!! I love them!! Great cards girl!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Samantha Esqueda said...

Ok- SO have I told you lately how much I love you? - I do and I ((LOVE)) your stamping style- can you PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE move next door to me? I am going to go kinda case these right now!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are sooo cute! Awesome take on the challenge! Thanks for playing. Hugs and smiles

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Oh I love these,so bright and cheery.x

Erin... said...

these are too too cute!!! i love what you did with this challenge!!! hey I know someone who's turning 4.......

Andrea, said...

Fantastic cads, I love the bright zingy colours, perfect for the stamps

Maren said...

What beautiful & bright colors! So sweet!

Teresa said...

How cute! Love the colors!

Cassie said...

these are so eye-catching!! I love the tall one especially - those big dots ROCK!!!

Diane said...

Ahhhhhh!!! Too stinkin' cute!
Love the colors,those will brighten
anyone's day!!

Lauren said...

These are so bright and cheerful - wonderful cards!

Jo said...

WOW Denise!! These are fabulous! Love the colours and your idea of punching out the circles. They are ideal for kids and the young at heart! and those images are wonderful! Have a great time at the party!
Have sent you a reply to your e-mail :)