Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekly Tutorial - Baby Wipe Technique

Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a good weekend. The snow is finally starting to melt where we live, maybe that means Spring is actually here!

I've been meaning to share this technique for a while now and with the Stampin' Up! Free Wheelin' promo, this is a perfect time. This card was made using the baby wipe technique. This is a really fun and simple way to create a beautiful card in just a few minutes.
You will only need a few supplies; a baby wipe, a few different colored re-inkers, a stamp or wheel, and paper. For my card I chose re-inkers in colors of the rainbow, but you can use any color combo you want. Just be sure that you don't choose colors that will blend and turn brown or black. You won't be happy with that result!

First, fold your baby wipe in half and in half again, just to make it a little thicker. If you are working on a surface that you don't want to get ink on, I suggest putting a paper plate under the baby wipe. Next, starting with your darkest to lightest re-inkers, randomly place drops of ink on the baby wipe. I make a circular pattern and drop 6 to 8 drops of each color, allowing the colors to just barely touch. Once you have all your colors randomly dropped onto the baby wipe, you are ready to stamp. You have basically created a custom ink pad with the baby wipe.

For my card, I used the Doodle wheel as my main image instead of a single stamp. I rolled the wheel over the ink on my baby wipe, being sure that the entire wheel/stamp was inked up. Then stamp the paper. What you get is a multi-colored image.

To finish my card, I used some retired cranberry cardstock cut 6x3, some retired stitched cranberry ribbon, and a hemp twine tag. I also stamped a sentiment. If you would like a more detailed tutorial for this technique, Splitcoast has a great one with photos for each step. You can find that tutorial HERE.
Have a great Monday. Happy Stamping! :)

8 comments:

Lauren said...

This card is amazing. The embellishment is just enough.

Samantha Esqueda said...

Again- beautiful!
Have a happy Monday!

Erin... said...

OOOh the babywipe technique on a wheel!!! Very smart, fun and beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

oh thanks for the tutorial, looks great fun and will definately give it a go :)

Marlene x

Alex said...

Just beautiful Denise - what a great way to showcase that awesome wheel!! You rock, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather said...

oooohhh....I've never seen the baby wipe technique used that way. I like it!!!

Jo said...

Oh Wow!...never come across this technique before Denise...thanks for sharing. The card is gorgeous as usual! Will e-mail you tomorrow as things are just so hectic at home!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and thank you so much for the tutorial. I haven't heard of that technique before but will have a go at it